Add rating description

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #7514 by MaTsch
Add rating description was created by MaTsch
Hi guys!

I've installed this guestbook component (it's really great!), but I had a small issue with the "rating" field. I try to explain: A new user reads the messages in the guestbook and sees the ratings. He (or she) intuitively thinks that this field shows the rating of that particular comment (done by other users) rather than the rating of the website (done by the comment author). I found this a bit confusing, since there is no description of this field. So I did a tiny change in order to add a small description before the rating field. Here is a step by step solution.

1.) Open the file "/components/com_easybookreloaded/views/easybookreloaded/tmpl/default_entries.php".
2.) Before the line
for($start = 1; $start <= $this->params->get('rating_max', 5); $start++)
add
echo "<strong class='easy_small'>".JText::_('COM_EASYBOOKRELOADED_RATING_DESCRIPTION')."</strong>";
3.) Open the file "/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_easybookreloaded.ini" (resp. the appropriate file of your site's language).
4.) Add
COM_EASYBOOKRELOADED_RATING_DESCRIPTION="User rated this website: "

After making those changes every guestbook entry containing a website rating shows an appropriate message explaining what that 10 stars are good for. :-)

Thank you very much for such a useful component! :-)
The topic has been locked.
11 years 10 months ago #7521 by Viktor
Replied by Viktor on topic Re: Add rating description
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds