Simplified Chinese pack and some questions

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #3036 by victorzero
Hello,

I installed plugin_easycalccheckplus_v1.6-3.zip for my Joomla 1.6.3 with purity II template.
I found this plug-in is quite useful as Joomla! does not think too much about security...
Such, I made the simplified chinese language pack for version 1.6-3. and hope it can be used by more site builder.

In addition, I have some questions about this plug-in...

1. Could this plug-in support anti-spam check on login form?
I noticed that Joomla! has no validation code in both front-end and back-end login pages which could be taken advantage by brute force cracking. Besides, I did find some php code about brute-force crack joomla! site... As my site will be maintained by some editors with almost 0 computer security knowledge so that it would quite possible facing weak password problem, I'm desperate to build the thickest wall as I can.
As far as I know, this plug-in provide some protection about back-end login by adding tokens, however, brute-force cracking still can be done if the entrance were found by other ways (e.g. social engineering).
I browsed the site and could not find wether this plug-in can be used in login form as I can not read German (It's German, right?)
So, could you please let me to know whether it can support login form or not ? back-end and/or font-end?

2. If not, Could I add it manually by editing the php code of login form?
And I apperciate if you could point to me where I can start with ... (I checked mod_login.php and found no clue.)

3. Could you please add some features about this login issue in the future release?
Like the math equations or captcha, or at least delay the login submit for programmable time after specified number failed login.
This plug-in is just that one step to become perfect anti-spam plug-in...

Anyway, this plug-in still is the best in this category. Thanks for your brilliant work!

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #3040 by Viktor
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

12 years 8 months ago #3060 by victorzero
Replied by victorzero on topic Aw: Simplified Chinese pack and some questions
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.

12 years 8 months ago #3064 by Viktor

12 years 8 months ago #3088 by victorzero
Replied by victorzero on topic Aw: Simplified Chinese pack and some questions

12 years 8 months ago #3090 by Viktor

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds