Name: Easy Image Resizer - Version: 3.5.2 / 3.6.2-PRO - Type: Plugin - License: GPLv3
Description: EIR automatically resizes images which are uploaded through the Media Manager.
Overview of all downloads of the extension: EIR - Easy Image Resizer Downloads
If you use EIR - Easy Image Resizer, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Resizes uploaded images and creates multi-size images automatically
Easy Image Resizer for Joomla! automatically resizes the resolution of images which are uploaded through the Media Manager. This is often useful if images are not previously processed offline and uploaded in a too large resolution.
The automatic resizing also reduces the size of the images, which can lead to serious performance improvements of the loading time. The plugin is executed directly when uploading images in the media manager and the 'Image' button in the edit mode.
- Resizes uploaded images in the Media component (+ 3rd party extensions in the Pro version)
- Improves the loading time by reducing the image file size
- Images are optimized automatically in the uploading process
- Uses core class "Image" for image manipulation
- Scale methods: SCALE INSIDE, SCALE OUTSIDE, SCALE FIT, SCALE FILL, CROP & CROP RESIZE
- JPG quality and PNG compression level can be set
- Creates unlimited multi-size images (aka thumbnails)
- Multi-size image path can be set
- Integration of Optimus.io for lossless image compression
- Optimizes images from all image uploads losslessly
- Language: German and English
Install EIR with the help of the Installer component as usual. Then activate the plugin in Extensions - Plugins - System - EIR - Easy Image Resizer. Use the options in the "Settings" tab to adjust the plugin for your needs!
Scale methods provided by EIR
Attention: The image manipulation process is only applied to newly uploaded images, existing images will not be processed!
Optimus.io - Lossless compression of images
Easy Image Resizer implements the service by Optimus.io for a lossless compression of images. Use this feature to get even better results!
cURL library must be activated on the server to use this feature. This service is completely free for images up to 100KB.
Activate Optimus HQ for images up to 5MB, encrypted HTTPS communication and more. Visit Optimus.io for more information.
Example of image compression with Optimus HQ:
Version 3.6.2-PRO - 2019-10-20
- + Rotate Images - Rotates images automatically in the upload process if the Orientation tag is set in the meta information (EXIF).
Version 3.6.1-PRO - 2019-08-19
- + 3rd Party Extensions - Image Uploads - With this option, images uploaded via 3rd party extensions are also resized and optimized in file size. Tested implementation with generic HTML uploads, JCE, Eventgallery, Phoca Gallery and Visforms. Note: Multi-size images cannot be created since the destination path in generic upload processes is unknown.
Version 3.5.2 - 2019-06-29
- + Added Custom Field - Pro Button
- ^ Updated Custom Fields
- ^ Updated Project Page URL
Version 3.6.0-PRO - 2019-04-27
- + First Pro release based on EIR version 3.5.1
- ^ Updated Optimus endpoint URL
Version 3.5.1 - 2017-08-13
- + Added two scale methods: CROP & CROP RESIZE
- CROP - Images are cropped directly from the original images with the selected dimensions.
- CROP RESIZE - Images are resized proportionally first, then cropped to the selected dimensions.
- + Scale Method for Multisize Images - The scale method can be set as the fourth parameter. The scale method is optional and can be omitted. Possible values:
- 1 - SCALE FILL
- 2 - SCALE INSIDE
- 3 - SCALE OUTSIDE
- 4 - CROP
- 5 - CROP RESIZE
- 6 - SCALE FIT
- Example input:
- 1200|1000|big|4 ---> CROP is used
- 800|700|blog|5 ---> CROP RESIZE is used
- 600|600||2 ---> SCALE INSIDE is used
Version 3.5.0 - 2017-08-07
- + Self-defined Multisize Suffix - You may specify own suffixes which will be added to the multisized images instead of the resolution size - Thanks to Hannu H. for this suggestion!
- Add the wished suffixes as the third parameter. The suffix is optional and can be omitted. Example input and output:
- 1200|1000|big ---> image-big.png
- 800|700|blog ---> image-blog.png
- 600|600 ---> image-600x600.png
- 400|300|preview ---> image-preview.png
- + Updated custom field krtitle to 3.3.0
- # Fixed bug in German language file - Found with Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Language File Checker
Version 3.4.2 - 2016-05-17
- # Only allowed mime types are processed with JImage - ('image/jpeg', 'image/png', 'image/gif')
Version 3.4.1 - 2016-04-14
- # Brackets were set incorrectly in one if statement - Thanks to Lukasz K. for reporting it
Version 3.4.0 - 2016-03-30
- + All Image Uploads - With this option images from all upload processes from an HTML form are processed with the optimization algorithm by Optimus.io. This means that also image uploads from 3rd party extensions (e.g. JCE editor or image gallery extensions) are optimized automatically. Note: This option does not change the resolution of the image but it only optimizes the images losslessly!
- ^ Safe Upload Names - Uses dashes instead of underscores to replace whitespaces
Version 3.3.0 - 2016-03-15
- + Optimus.io integration - Service for lossless compression of images. This service is completely free for images (in JPEG and PNG formats) up to 100KB, it requires cURL on the server to make the requests. If you need professional features (images up to 5MB and HTTPS connection), then buy an Optimus HQ API key. Further information: Optimus.io
- + Code Refactoring
- ^ Updated Language Files
Version 3.2.2 - 2016-01-27
- + Option: Enlarge Images - Should smaller images be enlarged to the dimension that was calculated by the selected scale method? Attention: This will lead to notable quality loss! If this option is deactivated, then multi-size images that would be larger after resizing, are not created and main images are not processed.
- + Added JED link in the language files
Version 3.2.1 - 2016-01-19
- + Safe Upload Names - With this option image names are converted to make them safe for the upload process. UTF8 characters are encoded to ASCII, special characters are removed, whitespaces are replaced with underscores and the resulting string is converted to lowercase.
Version 3.2.0 - 2016-01-18
- + Rewrote plugin completely - EIR now uses the Joomla! core class JImage for image manipulation.
- + JPG quality / PNG compression
- + Built-in scale methods are used
- + Multi-Size Image Path
- ^ The multi-size input field now only accepts two parameters (width & height). Please adjust in the settings if needed!
Version 3.1.0 - 2015-07-31
- + Donation Code Validation Process - Improved the validation process with a new server (HTTPS request) plus an independent, separated fallback server (HTTP request).
Version 3-3 - 2014-12-04
- + Multi Resizing Feature - With this feature you can enter all sizes that you need from an uploaded image. EIR automatically creates a folder with the name 'resized' in the upload folder and generates the resized images in it, it also adds the resolution to the image name of the resized images. You should enter at least the resolution (width and height) of the resized images, additionally you also can define the proportionality and quality values. In fact, one integer value is sufficient which will be used for the width. If you don't set the optional values for proportionality and quality, then the values from the single image resizing are used. The parameters are: width (integer), height (integer), proportionality (1 true, 0 false), quality (0-100). Enter one resolution each line, separate the parameters with a | (pipe symbol).
Version 3-2 - 2014-04-02
- # Quality parameter - fixed small typo
Version 3-1 - 2014-03-31
- + First release for Joomla! 3.x
Download - free, public versions
Overview of all downloads of the extension: EIR - Easy Image Resizer Downloads